The sandtray process is a 3-D, tactile and visual tool for personal and spiritual growth. Like a dream, the Sandtray process offers insight into life challenges that may not occur to your thinking mind – opening a doorway to the reservoir of wisdom in your unconscious.
“Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in vain.” – Carl Jung
Experiences of profound insight, healing shifts, “Aha!” moments, and a sense of well-being are common in sandtray sessions. You can bring any problem or issue to a session, or you can choose to see what the process has to show you about your inner world at the current time.
As a coaching tool, Transformational Sandtray can help:
- Reveal hidden aspects of an issue and illuminate the “big picture”
- Guide you to solutions and give you an objective perspective
- Reveal your strengths and inner wisdom and help you access them
- Reveal the parts of you that need support and help them find what they need
- Foster self-appreciation and acceptance
- Envision what you want in life and how to move forward
Sandtray provides a snapshot of your inner landscape, the characters and features within it and their relationships. During a session, a tray filled with sand and hundreds of miniature objects are made available to you. Using as many or as few objects as you need, you intuitively and spontaneously create your “sand landscape”— a sacred, rich and vital expression of your inner being. Most people find this experience to be enjoyable and liberating.
We’ll then explore the messages contained in your sand landscape together. You’ll have the opportunity take photographs, if you wish.
This process can be very effective for couples and groups as well as for individuals.